Sunday, January 31, 2010

Now You See It

And Now You Don't

Do you remember that time I was working? Yeah....me too. I was doing my ACT prep, bumbling along as best I could. Was I the absolute best teacher? No. But I tried hard and I think at least a few kids learned something.

I get my first real critique on Wednesday at noon.
I got pulled from my school Thursday (my day off) at 4.

So while I'm not technically "fired", I still might do some proctoring in a few weeks, but still. I call it being "pseudo-fired".

Doesn't make me feel any better. I also don't really want them to call me for substitute work. It freaks me out in a very real way. (to expand upon in a different entry)

So there's that. I was employed, and now I'm sort of not. Gives me plenty of time to finish up my grad school applications and whatever.

We're all in this together, right?

No comments: