Monday, January 11, 2010

Life's Better With Company

I'm still very unemployed, and both scared and exhilarated at the same time.

Today my dad drove my mom to the airport, which was very nice. While I could have done it myself, it was snowing (not wicked hard, but reasonably decent) and it was nice to just go along for the ride, as compared to doing all the work myself.

The other day my parents and I saw Up In The Air. There is this scene with George Clooney (sigh) and Anna Kendrick (the girl who plays Jessica in Twilight). They are on an airplane together, and she is working on her laptop.
I admit, she is typing fairly furiously. In all honesty, she is banging the crap out of her poor laptop. George asks (basically) "What did your computer ever do to you?" and then it hit me.

This is how my mom thinks I type. Bang. Bang. Bang.

My laptop didn't do anything to me. I just "type with purpose" (as Anna says to George). And I type quickly.

Sidenote-See Up In The Air. It's a timely film for this particular moment. Especially living in Detroit, and now that I've joined the ranks of our unemployed. Some of the film is funny, some of it really isn't, and it ends on a bittersweet note.

As George says in the film, "Life's better with company". It's a good note to end on.

No comments: