Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Only In Michigan

The last time we met, faithful reader, it was Memorial Day here in Michigan. It's June now, and it's sweltering. Of course we have gone back to it being blisteringly hot here, which I do prefer to it being cold and rainy.

A week ago today I had the rest of my thyroid out. As anyone will tell you, it sucks. Surgery blows. I'm feeling better now, and it's taken this long to get this far. Frankly it annoys me. I'm also the only one who seemed to think I'd feel better sooner.
Needless to say, I'm really rather impatient about this sort of thing.

In other news, with this sweltering weather I've whipped out the first sundress of the year. I'd post a photo, but that involves...effort. And when you have no air conditioning and it's about 80 at 10 pm, your goal is to sit in a dark room with a fan blowing on you and move as little as possible.

I hope the heavens open up and rain, so this humidity would leave.
And so I can wear pants.

No comments: