Saturday, May 28, 2011

Holiday Weekends

It's Memorial Day here in MI. In fact, it's supposedly May around here.
Needless to say, the weather hasn't really agreed. We've had a few really nice days mind you, but this is possibly the wettest May I remember.
Ever.
This weekend is slated to be rainy and hot, and it's just a bummer. It makes the idea of doing anything, like planting flowers, so unappealing.

I spent last week in Atlanta with my mom. At first I wasn't too thrilled to visit, but we ended up having a fabulous time. We took our car and drove to Charleston, SC and rocked that town. They had the most amazing food I've eaten of vacation as of late. It's rare that absolutely every place you eat on a vacation has stellar food, not just "kinda good".
Needless to say, I have to get back ASAP. If only to eat all of the food I didn't eat the first time, you know?

Now it's time for me to finish my glass of wine, listen to my parents bicker (lovingly) with their friends as it's card night, and take a nap. I was up too early this morning to buy flowers and stuff.

No comments: