Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Showers

April showers supposedly bring May flowers.
Unless your April showers happen to be snow showers. I haven't even looked at our weather forecast lately, but the last time I did look? We had flurries soon.

We shall move on from that conversation, as it just raises my blood pressure.

I'm here to tell you to go see Jane Eyre. I first read it over Thanksgiving(ish). (I don't know the exact time, but I know I twittered about it, so you can scroll back and investigate)
I adored the book. I thought Jane was so strong and interesting and thoughtful. There is such a gothic feel to the whole thing, which is so beautiful. And this is saying something, because I've read other gothic-esque novels and I super didn't like them at all. Mr. Rochester was a cranky shit that you loved.
Needless to say, I loved it.

And then they made a movie about it. It is equally as beautiful. The scenery is huge in scope, as Jane wanders around the moors and whatnot. The look of Thornfield Hall is positively amazing. Jane is plain, yet pretty. Mr. Rochester is striking.
There is a scene between the two of them after a fire is set in Mr. Rochester's room.
It. Is. Hot.

So basically, this is me, telling you to go see it.

(sidenote-the rest of my life is normal, i go to school a lot and it will be a shitload of work for the last two weeks. please god save me now)

No comments: