Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Short Paris Recap






So back to that whole "I went to Paris" thing. We shall recap briefly.

So on Monday I went around the city by myself, while my mom worked.
I slept a bit late (which was nice) and took the metro into the city. I started at Notre Dame, the first stop of the day. The church is gorgeous. Just so stunning. I took photos as best I can. I also caught the end of a tour in English (which was nice too) and informative. I wandered around the church and spent about an hour and a half there.

Upon leaving the church I decided to find this street that my mom read about in the Delta Flight Magazine. It's the Rue Sainte-Louis en L'ile. It's a charming little street with boutiques and little restaurants. I didn't eat there, I instead had a yummy sandwich from a take-away vendor and ate in the park behind Notre Dame.

Wandering over to the Lourve took longer than expected, but I found it. I feel that's impressive, being as I'm completely and utterly geographically challenged. I pretty much closed the place down, seeing everything as best I could. I did the high points, even taking time to see La Joconde (AKA the Mona Lisa). She's impressive, although smaller than most people realize.

After closing the Lourve, I walked further than I should have. I ate at a restaurant off the Champs-Elysees, which was delicious. It took me a long time to get there and got rained on pretty hardcore in the proccess. The waiter was nice to me, especially seeing as I was alone, kinda gross and American.

And thusly ends my Monday in Paris. I will include pictures and return for Tuesday soon. With pictures.

No comments: