Friday, August 5, 2016

RIO 2016 OLYMPIC FEVER

The Olympics are back.
So I'm back.

OPENING CEREMONY

8:07 Dancing with space blankets!  Look at all the foil!

8:09 Oh.  Space pillows.

8:13 BRAZIL'S NATIONAL ANTHEM. WE ARE IN BRAZIL.

8:20 Rainforest things...

8:21 OOOH RAINFOREST DANCERS

8:23 I admit that I am a little distracted because I ordered KFC via Postmates and I'm tracking my delivery progress on my phone.  I AM HANGRY. I will have no filler commentary until I am no longer so hangry.

8:27 I like this shipwreck immigration choreo thingy.

8:32 My chicken is here!  What did I miss?

8:35 Now we're in a video game!  I dig it.

8:40 I missed a little more because I sat on my mashed potatoes and had to change my pajamas.  Cool.

8:44 GISELE!  Just struttin'.

8:45 ...Just struttin'?  Still struttin'?

8:48 YEEESSS sliding down from this street dancing set-up!  Dudes on a slide!  On a roller thingy!

8:50 So, sidenote.  I've been calling this since the women's gymnastics national competition before the Olympic qualifier.  LAURIE HERNANDEZ, right??!  Her and Simone Biles in the All-Around: a shocking upset for Aly.  Maybe?  Or if not, girl is going to continue to get some serious attention.  Love her.

8:55 I love all the Brazilians (including Gisele) losing their minds singing and dancing to this song.

9:06 Gimme my parade of nations already.

9:10 OHHH YESSS WOMEN'S GYMNASTICS 2012 RECAP / INTRO TO THE 2016 TEAM

9:14 PARADE. OF. NATIONS.

9:16 I seriously always love seeing the athletes loving this ceremony.  Cameras, phones, joyous faces, waving...it's real and exciting!

9:22 YES, Aruba!  Those costumes!

9:23 Independent Olympic Athletes!

9:29 Whoa, Barbados.  Those jackets.

9:32 YESSSS BERMUDA

9:36 Burundi is really pretty.

9:40 OHH CANADAAAA

9:42 Cayman Islands crew looks cute.

9:54 Croatia's checkerboard clothing!

10:07  U-S-A!  U-S-A!  AMERICA!  U-S-A!

10:54 I got distracted by my bunnies and my whiteboard.  Still watching!


11:07 How long until Tonga?  I'm on a west coast delay.  Shirtless dude hasn't even appeared on my TV yet, and he's already a social media sensation.

11:31 THERE HE IS!

11:43 Refugee team!

11:45 BRAZIIIIIILLLL!

No comments: