Friday, July 27, 2012

OLYMPIC FEVER 2012

LONDON, BABY!

It's finally here! Opening Ceremony day for the Olympics! I took the day off work (paid! full-time job perks!) and am PUMPED for the Opening Ceremonies tonight!

This is my board by the front door:



Alexa and I have been doing the Olympics together since TORINO '06, when we lived down the hall from each other in our college dorm. Tonight we celebrate another one.

Last Saturday, I met some friends at a bar in Hollywood.  By the time I got there, they had made friends with a random Australian...and somehow, the first thing I said to him was, "We are gonna KICK YOUR A** IN THE OLYMPICS!"  That was followed by, "We won Vancouver, and we suck at winter!" / "We're Australia...we don't even have winter. ...You have what, 127 million people?  We only have 26 million." / "Yeah, we have more winners! AMERICA!"

Oops.

Our medal tracker widget is installed on the blog sidebar!  My wine is ready for tonight's viewing!  I am home and counting down!

Who will be the first athlete to win my heart?  And by that, I mean the first gold medal...because remember, I love winning the Olympics.

No comments: