Saturday, July 4, 2009

Post Birthday Wrap Up

So yesterday was my birthday. Turned a whopping 23 years old. Yes, I know-Oh being 23.

I've had a hard time accepting this birthday for no particular reason. I think it's the fact that I feel like a bit of a failure. I graduated college, got a degree with honors and thusly set off into the world to be a grown up.

I then moved home with my parents, got a job at a coffee shop and took up ballroom dancing. Things haven't been good, they haven't been bad, but due to the expectations I've put upon myself I feel as though things haven't gone the way they should have. I know it was a bit of bad luck to graduate when I did, through no particular fault of my own. The world has taken a bit of a turn for the ridiculous, especially here in Michigan.

I know that the last few weeks I set into a bit of a depression, and I'm trying to come out of it. Currently it's through doing little things like wearing pretty colors when I'm not at work, reading good books and watching things like "Bridget Jones' Diary", and that whole thing is going get its own entry.

---P.S.-The birthday was good, and now I've got Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, which is fantastic.

No comments: